First I must tell you that I had custom rods made by the local blacksmith. I've had it with the "adjustable" rods sold in stores. If you have custom draperies their weight will make those cheesy rods sag...it is just sad after a couple of months. These are 3/4" iron with *custom* finials. I used three leaf finials: (A little blurry, my apologies)
Then, I bought a final finial. It is a bird finial that goes on the end of the rod next to the door leading outside from the family room:
Oh yes, I painted the ceiling blue. It is a turquoisey kind of blue just like the Colorado sky. I ordered the finials online from a company in Texas. It took 2-3 weeks for them to be made and it took Brent at Friel's Iron Products about the same amount of time to make the rods and the rings for me. He also made the custom, curved rod for the kitchen window. That one took a few back and forths to get the curve exactly right, but it got done.
It is taking an inordinate amount of "floor time" with these draperies. And my ability to get down on the floor and then get up again, over and over, has been handicapped. Wah! So frustrating.
Here is a picture of the lovely felt-y interlining with part of the face fabric folded over it.
And there is the spotted lining with the face fabric. You can see the pattern of the dark grey leaves that gave me the idea for the leaf finials on the right side of the face fabric.
I'm not showing the entire room yet. Once the draperies are finished I'll post those.